REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the PSSDAR Junior Membership's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 18th, Pennsylvania Juniors and members will be helping across Pennsylvania to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the PSSDAR Junior Membership Service Project and Wreaths Across America!
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
by Heleen Hogan
431 Bridge St
North Huntingdon, PA 15642
Click here for the North Huntingdon Area Cemeteries Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsThe cemetery roads will not be available for parking. Please park at the side streets. Please observe the parking signs and do not block driveways. Please carpool.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America North Huntingdon. Ceremony will begin at 12:00 pm at the staging area in Union Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer!
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS
UPON ARRIVAL, CHECK INTO THE VOLUNTEER TENT TO REGISTER. THIS IS TO ASSIGN VOLUNTEERS TO AREAS OF THE CEMETERIES TO LAY WREATHS.
NO PARKING WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE CEMETERIES.
** Students need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. Our goal is for this to be a respectful remembrance of each and every veteran
Direction how to place a wreath – Please start with 1-2 wreaths so everyone has an opportunity to place a wreath.
* Say the veteran’s name
* Thank the veteran for their service
* Pause for a moment of silence
* Place the wreath with the red bow at the top
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.