REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Wreaths Across America Page.
On Dec 14th 2019 at 11am CST , Wreaths Across America will be at Elwood, IL. to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud. If a grave specific is required please email Debbie at email@example.com for a sponsorship form.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you. Arrive by 10 due to parking. Ceremony is at 11am and then we place any wreaths we have.
Thank you so much for supporting Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America's "Trucking Tributes" Presents Total Transportation of Mississippi, LLC.
John said he first learned about the Wreaths Across America to remember, honor and teach about five years ago by word-of-mouth through US Xpress....
For The 82nd Airborne Division Association the Mission is a Mindset and It's Personal
According to Mike, chapter members do “grave specific” requests for folks who sponsor wreaths through them, and they do their best to provide photos for those who cannot attend the wreath-laying ceremony in person. They also encourage Gold Star families to join them in Section 60 as they lay the wreaths and say their names....
by Lorraine Rink
20953 W Hoff Rd
Elwood, IL 60421
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsParking is limited. Please car pool if possible, arrive by 10. Parking is only allowed on one side of the road. Please do not park in grassy areas near sections where graves are.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath. Please only place one wreath at a time. And SAY THEIR NAME.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- If handed a form the wreath has to be placed on that particular gravesite.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Clean up is always on MLK Day. Starts around 9am, dress for weather and wear gloves.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.