REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Chestnut Grove Cemetery 's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM, Wreaths Across America will be at Chestnut Grove Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Chestnut Grove Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Protecting the Health and Welfare of Our Nation
The health service has grown from the initial corps of just physicians to encompass eleven different health categories including, therapists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists, to name a few. They are veterans under federal law entitled to all of the benefits, including being buried in a veteran’s cemetery....
The Navajo Nation Greets Running Fir Wreaths
Started by Gold Star Mother Cathy Powers, the Running Fir Wreaths campaign was invited by the Navajo tribal government to include them on her running journey as she honors her son, Sr. Airman Bryce Kenneth Powers, and others buried in Arlington National Cemetery....
by Jack McNulty
In Honor Of
by Dianna Fisher
831 Dranesville Rd
Herndon, VA 20170
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. Entrances to the cemetery are located on Dranesville Road and the Herndon Parkway. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsThere is plenty of parking at this cemetery and volunteers will be available to direct you. Additional parking will also be available across the street at Herndon High School (700 Bennett Street). There is a traffic light with a crosswalk to assist participants safely cross Dranesville Road.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Chestnut Grove Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time. Our ceremony will begin promptly at Noon. Allow time to park and walk to ceremony site.
- To ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath, each participant will be given one wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed. We are here to honor our veterans. Please say the veteran's name aloud and thank them for their service.
- We would like to remind our participants of the need to be respectful of others who may be at the cemetery visiting their loved ones grave sites during the ceremony. Please give them their space and walk quietly around them. There should be no running or yelling in the cemetery.
- For groups bringing children, please make sure they are dressed appropriately. We do not have access to any inside shelter.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.