REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P) will be helping Great Lakes National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents The Honor Truck Driver
The search started last month for a patriotic driver for the newly wrapped tractor and trailer donated by Freightliner and CLC that will haul a load of fresh balsam veterans’ wreaths from Maine to Arlington National Cemetery as part of the Annual Wreath Escort...
4200 Belford Rd
Holly, MI 48442
Click here for the Great Lakes National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, the ceremony with be at the Assembly Area, just south of the Administration Building.
Parking InstructionsWhen you arrive at the cemetery, you will be directed on where to park. Traffic gets very congested and parking is limited to the open area by the Main Entrance. Please plan to arrive early and to car pool with family or friends.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Great Lakes National Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. Tentative Clean-Up Day is Saturday - January 26, 2019.
- Ceremony starts at 12pm Noon
- NEW THIS YEAR!!: Wreath Laying will immediately follow the ceremony!
- Arrive early and consider car-pooling with family or friends.
- Remember!!! We lay these wreaths to honor our veterans. Please do not take or remove wreaths from the cemetery.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.