REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Irish Charities of Maryland's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 15th will be helping Soldiers & Airmen's Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Irish Charities of Maryland and Wreaths Across America!
21 Harewood Rd NW
Washington, DC 20011
Click here for the US Soldiers' & Airmen's Home National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself. Please be advised that you may be directed to overflow parking once the cemetery fills up, so allow for extra time.
Parking InstructionsThere will likely be plenty of parking at this cemetery. Please follow the directions of the parking attendants and park as close as possible to the vehicle in front of you. Overflow parking may be available at Rock Creek Cemetery nearby, so watch for an update on that closer to the ceremony date.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at US Soldiers' & Airmen's Home National Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.