REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Proud To Be An American, A Living Legacy of Felice J. De Rosa (FL0402)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 10:00 AM, Proud To Be An American, A Living Legacy of Felice J. De Rosa (FL0402) will be helping Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Proud To Be An American, A Living Legacy of Felice J. De Rosa (FL0402) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Advances Its Mission
This is the second time WAA – whose mission is to Remember the fallen, Honor those that served, and Teach the next generation the value of Freedom – has collaborated with ABMC and sent U.S.-made balsam fir wreaths to be placed on foreign soil....
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click here for the Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL Page
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium. Patriot Plaza seats 2,800 People.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
December 14, 2019 Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM. Absolutely no Wreaths to be laid prior to the ceremony.
- 10:45 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present laying their loved one's Wreath.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 11, 2019 at 7am. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.