REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the American Heritage Girls, Troop FL0014 (Plant City, FL) Wreaths Across America fundraising page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019, our troop will be helping Florida National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us to honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting our troop and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Advances Its Mission
This is the second time WAA – whose mission is to Remember the fallen, Honor those that served, and Teach the next generation the value of Freedom – has collaborated with ABMC and sent U.S.-made balsam fir wreaths to be placed on foreign soil....
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
by Diane H Miller for Connie Mack Donald Sessions, Honored by Florida National Cemetery
In Honor Of
by Diane H Miller for Charles A. Miller Jr., Honored by Florida National Cemetery
6502 SW 102nd Ave
Bushnell, FL 33513
Click here for the Florida National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsOnce you arrive at the cemetery please follow the directions of the cemetery staff for parking. Please be patient, and safe as there is a lot of walking traffic and children.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Florida National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- We ask that you arrive early, preferably between 9:00a, and 9:30am due to the number of people that attend this event and parking limitations.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, since there is a lot of walking.
- Please be respectful of those who may have mobility issues, if you can walk to the farther headstones please do so, so those who can not walk that far may place a wreath closer to the wreath hand out stations.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Wreath Placing will begin approx. 10:30am, and the ceremony will begin approx 11:45am.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath by getting and placing one wreath at a time.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.