REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Grahamville Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
Exciting news for Wreaths Across America in Jasper County. Several new cemeteries are joining to Remember. Honor. Teach. Great Swamp Baptist Church is graciously hosting the ceremony this year so weather should not be an issue.
Plans for the 2020 ceremony are underway for Grahamville, Old Sardis, Gillisonville, Great Swamp, Grimes and Ridgeland cemeteries to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Jasper County Ceremony will be held at 12 Noon at Great Swamp Baptist Church, 9009 Tarboro Road, Ridgeland, SC 29936
Specific Cemetery Wreath Laying:
* Great Swamp Baptist Church Cemetery: 9:00 am, Saturday, December 19, 2020
* Grahamville Cemetery: 9:00 am, Saturday, December 19, 2020
* Old Sardis Cemetery: 9:45 am, Saturday, December 19, 2020
* Ridgeland Cemetery: 10:00 am, Saturday, December 19, 2020
* Grimes Cemetery: 3:30 pm, Saturday, December 19, 2020
* Gillisonville Cemetery: Saturday, December 19, 2020
Donna Hartley is the Grahamville Cemetery location coordinator.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Other important dates:
November 25, 2019: the cutoff date for donations to be received.
February 1, 2020: Wreaths will be removed from cemeteries on or before this date.
Thank you so much for supporting our local cemeteries and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Dedicates the Colonel Roger Donlon Vietnam War 'Welcome Home' Room
The Vietnam War ‘Welcome Home’ Room is the latest of the WAA History & Hospitality House room projects to be completed by WAA since starting this endeavor nearly three years ago, and is the largest room in the house, chosen because of the space it offers for local Vietnam Veterans to gather and share stories with each other and the community....
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents Open Range Transportation, Inc.
Robert wasted no time in reaching out to Wreaths Across America and he wound up with veterans’ wreaths destined for the headstones of fallen heroes in participating locations in Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska...
3234 Smith's Crossing
Ridgeland, SC 29936
Directions to Cemetery
Wreath laying for Grahamville Cemetery will begin at promptly at Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM located at 3234 Smiths Crossing, Ridgeland, SC.
Following the Grahamville ceremony, the Jasper County Cemeteries Ceremony will be held at the Great Swamp Baptist Church at 9009 Tarboro Road, Ridgeland, SC 29936, beginning promptly at Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
There is plenty of parking available at the Great Swamp Baptist Church. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
There is plenty of parking at the Grahamville cemetery, so feel free to park in any available spot for the Grahamville ceremony.
There is also plenty of parking at the Great Swamp Baptist for the Jasper County Cemeteries Ceremony, so feel free to park in any available spot. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Grahamville Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
If you want to personally place a wreath on a specific grave, please contact Donna Hartley, the Grahamville location coordinator for the cemetery before December 10, 2019.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- The Grahamville ceremony will start promptly at 9:00 am with plans to complete in time for folks to attend the National ceremony located at the Great Swamp Baptist Church at noon.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
Thank you so much for helping Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.