REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Pine Grove Area High School SADD/JROTC/ Varsity Club (PA0321P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
This is our second year participating in the Wreaths Across America campaign. Last year we enjoyed being a part of the ceremony where a wreath was placed on EVERY veteran's grave at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM, Pine Grove Area High School SADD/JROTC/ Varsity Club (PA0321P) will be helping Indiantown Gap National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Pine Grove Area High School SADD/JROTC/ Varsity Club (PA0321P) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Partners With Mission BBQ for American Heroes Cup Campaign
“Every day we strive to celebrate what makes our country great and to honor those who gave their lives for us,” said Bill Kraus, co-founder of MISSION BBQ. “We are truly privileged to be partnering with Wreaths Across America, an organization that shares a very similar mission and values as our own.”...
RR 2 Box 484
Indiantown Gap Road
Annville, PA 17003
Click here for the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the three public parking areas we will use to move the public to the ceremony and wreath placement on the cemetery. Please navigate to either the Red, White or Blue parking areas following directions to parking from the digital sign boards on I-81 and I-78. For vehicle navigation systems, the Red lots are vicinity of 6 Boundary Road, Grantville, PA 17028; White lots are vicinity of Fort Indiantown Gap Community Club, Clement Avenue Annville, PA 17003; and Blue lots are vicinity of 100 MSC Drive, Jonestown, PA 17038. Once GPS gets you close to the lots, follow signs, police and parking attendant directions, park and load onto buses at pre-marked bus stops adjacent to parking areas. Remember the color of the parking lot that you parked your car in. When you park your car in a designated event parking lot, buses will transport you to and from the cemetery starting at 10:00 and running continuously throughout the day. The ceremony begins promptly at noon and if crowds are large, plan to arrive at parking between 10:00 a.m and 11:00 a.m if you want to attend the ceremony. If you only want to participate in placing the wreaths on graves, then plan to arrive at the parking areas between noon and 12:30 p.m. - please be safe and anticipate some traffic, so be patient.
Parking InstructionsThere is no parking for the general public at this cemetery, so you must follow signs for event parking and park in one of three public parking areas labelled as "Red" lots, "White" lots or "Blue" lots - follow digital highway signs, local signs and police direction into numerous parking lots and load buses to get to the cemetery for the Ceremony at 12 Noon, followed by wreath laying. Please plan on arriving to parking early - buses start running at 10:00 a.m. and will run continuously throughout the day until the last wreath is placed and all volunteers are returned to their cars. Dress appropriately for extended exposure to the weather on Saturday the 14th. All tour buses must enter Biddle Road to drop off and pick up volunteers, and must park off site during Ceremony/Wreath Laying. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Ceremony begins at Noon. Please arrive between 10 and 11 am to catch the shuttle buses to the Cemetery. Police Officers and Signage will direct you to Satellite parking lots.
- No Set Asides will be available on the day of the Ceremony - but only Wed 12/11, Thur 12/12, and Fri 12/13 from 9 am - 5 pm at the Cemetery Admin Building. Concerns, please email email@example.com.
- If you would prefer to skip the ceremony, and just help place wreaths on graves, then please plan to arrive at noon, park off site and take buses to the cemetery.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Section Wreath Coordinators instructions on placing one wreath at a time and where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up (a total clean sweep of IGNC) on February 1st, 2019 starting at 8 am. Please follow our Facebook page for instructions on parking.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for Playing a Part in helping WAA-IGNC achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.