REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 16, 2023 at 12:00 pm, Wreaths Across America will be at Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Karen Worcester's Thoughts On National Medal of Honor Day
Learn about the moving stories told during the Congressional Medal of Honor Society’s Citizen Honors Awards....
The Missing Man Table Helps Us Teach
The POW/MIA issue dates back to previous conflicts but really came to the public’s attention during the Vietnam War....
Memory for Edward O’Connor, Army, Corporal, Born 06/13/28, Passed On 10/03/08, Honored by Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery
Edward O’Connor, Corporal, Army
In Honor Of
by Patricia F. for Okey Woodrow Nelson, Navy, S1, Born 10/03/25, Passed On 05/16/90, Honored by Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery
Okey Woodrow Nelson, S1, Navy
11301 Crain Hwy
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, United States
Directions to Cemetery
Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham - MDCHVC - is located at 11301 Crain Highway, Cheltenham MD 20623 Parking is limited on the grounds of MDCHVC.
Please like our Facebook page at "Wreaths Across America at Cheltenham, MD" for recent updates.
Parking is limited, please ride-share. Groups of 10 people or more should consider Bus Service drop-off and pick-up. No campfire stoves, cookouts, music or party like affairs are prohibited.
Please like our Facebook page "Wreaths Across America at Cheltenham, MD" for updates.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America event at Maryland Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the event:
- Registration is requested via the Wreaths across America MDCHVC page.
- Sponsored "Grave Specific" purchased wreaths requires a family or friend to lay the wreath Saturday 9-11am.
- General Wreath laying will immediately follow the Wreath Dedication Ceremony at 12 noon, this ceremony will be held at the Columbariums near Section H.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Wreaths are laid every 3rd gravestone, as we are not 100% covered.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. All empty cardboard boxes must be brought to the cemetery roads so they can be properly disposed of before 3 pm. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Please ride-share as parking is limited.
The most importantly remember we are here to honor and remember our loved ones, our heroes, the veterans passed. Thank you for helping Wreaths across America achieve our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.