REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom..
Help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring a wreath. Northrop Grumman will donate up to $10,000 to Wreaths Across America in honor of your donations.
Thank you on behalf of Northrop Grumman VERITAS and Corporate Citizenship.
Protecting the Health and Welfare of Our Nation
The health service has grown from the initial corps of just physicians to encompass eleven different health categories including, therapists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists, to name a few. They are veterans under federal law entitled to all of the benefits, including being buried in a veteran’s cemetery....
Doing Good Twice: Midwest Honor Flight, Sioux Center, IA
Each sponsored wreath helps to ensure a veteran has a wreath on their grave in remembrance and dedication once they pass, but that extra $5 means a veteran’s t-shirt or meal on the Honor Flight is covered at no cost to them....
In Honor Of
by Sandy Ardis-Buerhaus
20953 W Hoff Rd
Elwood, IL 60421
Click here for the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Elwood Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsParking is limited. Please car pool if possible, arrive by 10. Parking is only allowed on one side of the road. Please do not park in grassy areas near sections where graves are.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath. Please only place one wreath at a time. And SAY THEIR NAME.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- If handed a form the wreath has to be placed on that particular gravesite.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Clean up is always on MLK Day. Starts around 9am, dress for weather and wear gloves.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.