UPDATE: Jan 14: Thank you to everyone for a very good year. Tomorrow (Jan 15) is the last day to participate in the 2 for 1 wreath purchase incentive program. For each wreath purchased, a free wreath will be sent to BNC. If you aren't already supporting one of the groups who come out annually, please mark your group as MD0339. This is a 3 for 2 group which means for every 2 wreaths purchased, one extra wreath will be sent. Through Jan 15, if you sponsor 2 wreaths, you'll get 2 free wreaths. And since you're purchasing 2 wreaths, you'll also get the free 3 for 2 wreath meaning we'll have 5 wreaths for the sponsorship of only 2. Spread this around tonight and get everyone on board.
NEXT BIG ITEM: This Friday, Jan 17, all those gorgeous wreaths that we placed need to be picked up. If you are available to help with this huge endeavor, please meet at Baltimore National Cemetery at 8:00 am. You may want to bring work gloves (to keep the sap off your hands) and a broom (or at least the stick off the broom). We've found that you can pick up more wreaths by putting them on the stick to carry them to the dumpster. Hope to see many of you there.
UPDATE: Dec 10. We have been advised that the first shipment of wreaths will be delivered to the cemetery at noon on Thursday, Dec 12. Anyone who is available to help offload the boxes are wreaths are asked to please join us at that time.
Welcome to the Baltimore National Cemetery's (BNC) Wreaths Across America website.
REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Please join us on Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM at 12:00 noon, at which time Wreaths Across America will be at Baltimore National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
My name is Sherry. It is my honor to once again serve as the Location Coordinator here at Baltimore National Cemetery. We’ve come a long way since 2009 when my sister Michele and I organized our first Wreaths Across America ceremony. That year, we placed 288 wreaths - far short of the 37,000+ graves located on these hallowed grounds. Over the years, we’ve grown to over 5,000 sponsored wreaths, which were placed just last year. However, we are still far from honoring the 37,000+ men & women who served our country and are interred here.
Please help us increase the number of wreaths placed this year to 6,500. Two ways to do so are 1) specify your group as Friends of Baltimore National Cemetery (MD0339) if you aren’t already supporting a fundraising group. The Friends of BNC group is set up as a 3 for 2 group, which means that for every 2 wreaths sponsored, a 3rd wreath will be donated to our cemetery and 2) you have the option to individually sponsor wreath(s) using the cemetery code MDBNCB to be sure your wreath is delivered to BNC for placement.
In addition to sponsoring wreaths, I encourage you to VOLUNTEER to lay wreaths on Saturday, December 19, 2020 and to INVITE your friends & family to participate.
Thank you so much for supporting Baltimore National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Three Ways You Can REMEMBER and HONOR This Memorial Day
Let’s bring our Wreaths Across America community together this year to remember our fallen veterans and honor them as they deserve. Here are three ideas....
Wreaths Across America's Kid's Corner Presents Thomas Ritchey in College Station, Texas
“When Thomas learns that a veteran in our neighborhood has passed away, he goes and stands outside the cemetery with his flags."...
In Honor Of
by Tristan Byrnes for Trevor Lane, Marine Corps, Born 12/04/74, Passed On 02/19/16, Honored by Baltimore National Cemetery
In Honor Of
by Barbara G. for John Dukes, Army, Pvt, Served From 1918 to Current, Born 12/18/94, Passed On 07/08/57, Honored by Baltimore National Cemetery
5501 Frederick Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding Baltimore National Cemetery located at 5501 Frederick Avenue in Catonsville. The quick directions - Baltimore Beltway (I-695) to Exit 13 - Frederick Road East - about 1.5 miles to cemetery on the right. When you arrive, please follow the directions of the Parking Patrol in order to keep everyone safe. We are expecting many volunteers and safety is a priority.
Parking InstructionsParking is at a premium so please follow the directions of the Parking Patrol that are located throughout the cemetery. All cars will proceed in single file moving in the same direction. Please leave minimal space between cars - in 2018, we parked over 700 cars and we expect more in 2019. Do not create your own parking place. There are a limited number of handicap spaces, please advise the Parking Patrol if needed.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Baltimore National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer!
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome; no one has ever been turned away.
- We are proud that each person who has volunteered at our past wreath laying ceremonies has had the opportunity to place a wreath. To make that happen, on the first pass through the wreath pick-up area, each person is given one wreath to place. After everyone has been through the line, you are welcome to go back through the line for several more wreaths.
- Please follow the Wreath Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths. Each year we select a different section to honor those men and women who have served our country. We're slowly working our way through BNC. After you have picked up a wreath, please go to the section indicated to place your wreath. All wreaths are accounted for so please do not take wreaths to other sections of the cemetery. If you have a grave specific wreath, you will go to a special area near the office that is designated just for Grave Specific orders to get your wreath.
- Do not take wreaths out of the cemetery. They have been sponsored by community members for placement at Baltimore National.
- Please do carpool as much as possible as parking is limited. It is suggested that you arrive before 11:45 to have time to park and walk to the ceremony location.
- Dress for the weather as the ceremony will be held regardless of what Mother Nature throws our way. Check the website before leaving home to be sure the time hasn't been delayed due to weather hazards. (Note: a delay would likely only happen if there is a significant ice hazard.)
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. Clean up will be on Friday, January 17, 2020 starting at 8:00 am.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for helping Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.