REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Moundsville Lions Club's Wreaths Across America Page.
On 19 December 2020 at 1230, Moundsville Lions Club will be helping Mount Rose Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes. Prior to laying wreaths in the cemetery, there will be a short ceremony and wreath laying at the Moundsville Courthouse at 1100am.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Moundsville Lions Club and Wreaths Across America!
2 North Jefferson Ave
Moundsville, WV 26041
Click here for the Mount Rose Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the courthouse and the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself. Following the ceremony, please join us at Mount Rose Cemetery for decoration of 245 veteran graves. Please sign up on the website or contact the site liaison to volunteer, as wreath laying times will be staggered to allow for social distancing and safety.
CEREMONY ADDRESS: 600 7th St Moundsville, WV 26041
CEMETERY ADDRESS: 2 North Jefferson Ave Moundsville, WV 26041
There is no parking at the cemetery. All volunteers will need to park at an empty parking lot just down the road, beside the Alpine Bar (do not park at the bar itself), and walk the short distance into the cemetery.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Mount Rose Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome, but, volunteers must sign up to be placed in a group for staggered wreath placement. There will be no more than 25 participants in a group.
- Each participant will be required to have the temperature taken prior to entering the cemetery, and fill out a form with their contact information and a statement they have displayed no cold/flu/COVID symptoms within the last 48 hours. Health Department Officials will be on hand to assist, and will maintain the forms for contact tracing purposes.
- No one displaying cold/flu/COVID symptoms will be permitted to participate
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear, as we have no control over the weather, it may be cold and snowy or even icy.
- Masks or face shields are requested for all participants.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.