REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM, Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P) will be helping Great Lakes National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Lapeer Composite Squadron GLR-MI-276 (MI0019P) and Wreaths Across America!
Mission Matters with Karen Worcester Returns to Wreaths Radio
Wreaths Across America’s Executive Director, Karen Worcester, takes the time to interview folks who have impacted the mission, or the military community, in a meaningful way. She shares those candid discussions with the public on her internet radio program, Mission Matters....
Wreaths Across America Presents Kid's Corner
It was Lane Sisk’s seventh birthday when his parents realized the message to remember, honor, and teach was resonating with their son. Lane explains it best....
4200 Belford Rd
Holly, MI 48442
Click here for the Great Lakes National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, the ceremony with be at the Assembly Area, just south of the Administration Building.
NEW THIS YEAR!!! Parking will be off-site at local businesses on Holly Road with free MTA Shuttle service provided. Parking for the Wreaths Across America National Day was moved off-site for everyone's safety and to help minimize the traffic congestion in and around the cemetery. Shuttle service from the off-site parking lots will begin at 9:30am and end at 3pm.
Parking at the cemetery will be limited to handicap vehicles. When the off-site parking lots are full, vehicles will be directed to the cemetery to park at the open area by the Main Entrance.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Great Lakes National Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. Tentative Clean-Up Day is Saturday - January 26, 2019.
- Ceremony starts at 12pm Noon
- NEW THIS YEAR!!: Wreath Laying will immediately follow the ceremony!
- Arrive early and consider car-pooling with family or friends.
- Remember!!! We lay these wreaths to honor our veterans. Please do not take or remove wreaths from the cemetery.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.