Welcome to Bethesda-Chevy Chase Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol's Wreaths Across America Page!
On Saturday, December 19, 2020, our Squadron will join Civil Air Patrol members from across the country in helping to REMEMBER and HONOR our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes. Our Squadron is once again committed to supporting the Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
To learn more about our Squadron you can visit our website at www.bcc-cap.org, "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bccmd071, and/or follow us on Instagram @bccmd071.
Thank you so much for supporting our Squadron and Wreaths Across America!
"REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom."
Wreaths Across America Remembers and Honors the Flying Tiger Line Flight 739
Missing in action; presumed dead.That’s what the families were told of the men aboard the Flying Tiger, Flight 739, that went missing in March of 1962....
by Pamela Heiber
by Pamela Heiber
11301 Crain Hwy
Cheltenham, MD 20623
Click here for the Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham Page
Directions to Cemetery
Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham - MDCHVC - is located at 11301 Crain Highway, Cheltenham MD 20623 Parking is TBT - To be determined Please like our page so you can receive updates.
Please carpool as there is limited parking at Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham. Parking is TBD - to be determined Please like and follow our page for updates.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Arrive at 11:30 am to allow time for parking. Assemble in front of the Chapel as the Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the 12 noon, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. All empty cardboard boxes must be brought to the cemetery roads so they can be properly disposed of before 3 pm. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Please plan on carpooling to Cheltenham as parking is EXTREMELY limited.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.