REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Civil Air Patrol Gastonia Squadron's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 14, 2019 at Noon, our squadron will be conducting a ceremony at Gaston Memorial Park in Gastonia to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering to help or attending the ceremony.
Thank you so much for supporting the Civil Air Patrol Gastonia Squadron's Wreaths Across America!
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
In the Name Of
by Robyn M. for Raymond Martin, Jr, Air Force, Honored by Oakwood Cemetery
by Cynthia Berrier for Earl Franklin Rowe, Honored by Oakwood Cemetery
2205 Williamsburg Drive
Gastonia, NC 28054
Click here for the Oakwood Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsLimited parking is available at Carothers Funeral Home.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Gastonia Civil Air Patrol. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.