REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Port Tobacco Chapter NSDAR (MD0144P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 19 at 09:00 am to 3:00 pm, 2020, Port Tobacco Chapter NSDAR (MD0144P) will be helping Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Port Tobacco Chapter NSDAR (MD0144P) and Wreaths Across America!
Crowley Will Serve as Official Puerto Rico Sponsor for Wreaths Across America
“This is an opportunity to show our thanks and appreciation for the unending contributions and sacrifices of those who have served our country along with their families in Puerto Rico and beyond.”...
Wreaths Across America's Kid's Corner Presents Remmer Machamer in Texas
For the past few years, Remmer has raised wreath sponsorships the old-fashioned way, going door-to-door with an earnest sales pitch but this year, he’s concerned about the impact Coronavirus will have on that effort....
11301 Crain Hwy
Cheltenham, MD 20623
Click here for the Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham Page
Directions to Cemetery
Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham - MDCHVC - is located at 11301 Crain Highway, Cheltenham MD 20623 Parking is limited on the grounds of MDCHVC.
Please like our Facebook page at "Wreaths Across America at Cheltenham, MD" for recent updates.
Parking is limited to Volunteer Sign-up slots per hour.
Please like our Facebook page "Wreaths Across America at Cheltenham, MD" for updates.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America event at Maryland Veterans Cemetery at Cheltenham. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the event:
- Registration is required for a specific time slot.
- Masks and social distancing required.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. All empty cardboard boxes must be brought to the cemetery roads so they can be properly disposed of before 3 pm. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Please carpool to Cheltenham as parking is EXTREMELY limited.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.