REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to Family & Friends of Sarasota National Cemetery Inc's Wreaths Across America. We area Non-Profit Organization and are registered as a "Three for Two" Fundraising Group with Wreaths Across America for Sarasota National Cemetery. For every two wreaths sponsored, a third wreath will be added to our order.
Our Annual Remembrance Ceremony will be held at Patriot Plaza on %December 18, 2019% at 10AM. At the Conclusion of the Ceremony, Family Members will be dismissed FIRST so that they may be the first to place their loved one's wreath. At 11:00am, the Volunteers and Volunteer Groups will then place the remaining wreaths and when doing so, say the name of each and every veteran aloud and thank them for their service to our country.
The first step to Volunteering is to SPONSOR a Wreath! With your support, we will place 13,500 wreaths on December 18th. If you wish to volunteer to place a wreath, please select the Volunteer button to sign up.
Thank you so much for supporting Family & Friends of Sarasota National Cemetery Inc and our Mission to Never Forget.
Volunteer Driving Team Needed for Wreaths Across America
The purpose of the Mobile Education Exhibit is to not only Teach the next generation about service and sacrifice, but to share stories of patriotism and love of country to communities around the United States....
by Edward P.
by Sarah9415001156 H.
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click here for the Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL Page
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Sarasota National Cemetery. The first and most important step to volunteering is to SPONSOR a wreath. Then, please do not forget to register to volunteer for Laying of the Wreaths!
Important ****** Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details*****
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM.
- 10:30 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present placing their loved one's Wreath between 10:30am and 11:00am.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 12, 2019 at Daybreak. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in our Remembrance Ceremony. Thank you so much for helping Wreaths Across America achieve our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.