REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to Family & Friends of Sarasota National Cemetery Inc's Wreaths Across America. We area Non-Profit Organization and are registered as a "Three for Two" Fundraising Group with Wreaths Across America for Sarasota National Cemetery. For every two wreaths sponsored, a third wreath will be added to our order.
Our Annual Remembrance Ceremony will be held at Patriot Plaza on December 14, 2019 at 10AM. At the Conclusion of the Ceremony, Family Members will be dismissed FIRST so that they may be the first to place their loved one's wreath. At 11:00am, the Volunteers and Volunteer Groups will then place the remaining wreaths and when doing so, say the name of each and every veteran aloud and thank them for their service to our country.
The first step to Volunteering is to SPONSOR a Wreath! With your support, we will place 15,200 wreaths on December 14th.
Thank you so much for joining Family & Friends of Sarasota National Cemetery Inc and our Mission to Never Forget.
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
by Edward P. for Linda Perkins, Honored by Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL
by Sarah9415001156 H. for Ralph L. Hitchen, Honored by Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click here for the Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL Page
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium. Patriot Plaza seats 2,800 People.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
December 14, 2019 Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM. Absolutely no Wreaths to be laid prior to the ceremony.
- 10:45 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present laying their loved one's Wreath.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 11, 2019 at 7am. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.