REMEMBER the fallen… HONOR those who serve… TEACH our children the value of freedom.
Welcome to the Arlington National Cemetery Wreath’s Across America location page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM, volunteers will lay 253,000 veterans’ wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery just outside our nation’s Capital. These wreaths symbolize a commitment to Remember and Honor our nation’s veterans through the laying of wreaths on the graves of our country’s fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each veteran aloud.
As one of the largest national cemeteries in the United States, our goal of covering every veteran’s grave with a wreath is lofty and requires a team of dedicated volunteers. Please read more about how you can volunteer and contribute to the Wreaths Across America effort at Arlington National Cemetery:
1. Sponsor a wreath: Please help our location lay 253,000 veterans’ wreaths by clicking the “Sponsor” button at the top of this page.
2. Volunteer to lay wreaths: Participate in the wreath laying event on Saturday, December 14, 2019, starting at 8:30 AM, by clicking the “Volunteer” button at the top of this page.
3. Invite friends and family: Invite your friends and family to participate or join you in sponsoring a wreath by clicking the “Invite” button below.
4. Become a Key Volunteer: Commit to organizing and leading a team and other public volunteers on Wreaths Across America Day by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting Wreaths Across America at Arlington National Cemetery!
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
by Donna B.
In Honor Of
by Tracy Grevert for Harry Grevert, Served From 28 to 1964, Honored by Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National Cemetery
Fort Myer, VA 22211
Click here for the Running Fir Wreaths Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsThere is plenty of parking at this cemetery, so feel free to park in any available spot.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.