REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 11:00 a.m., Wreaths Across America will be at Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you. This event is open to the public and you do not have to register to volunteer to be a part.
Thank you so much for supporting Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
by Floreen Henry for Robert Lindsey Barger, Air Force, Honored by Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery
Robert Lindsey Barger, Air Force
In Honor Of for James Doster, Honored by Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery
395 Biddle Boulevard
Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027, United States
Directions to Cemetery
Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery is located on the active duty Army base of Fort Leavenworth, KS. 395 Biddle Blvd. Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027. Upon entering Fort Leavenworth at the main gate please have a valid photo I.D. available to anyone 16 years or older. Show gate at gate and proceed up to cemetery. Please park in the Frontier Conference Center parking lot directly across the street from the cemetery. If that parking lot is full please proceed to Munson Army Health Center, corner of Biddle Blvd. and Pope Avenue.
Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery and Leavenworth National Cemetery are very similar in name. Please ensure you have the correct location you are wishing to volunteer at.
Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery is located on the active duty Army post of Fort Leavenworth Kansas
Leavenworth National Cemetery is located in Leavenworth/Lansing area near the Veterans Administration in Leavenworth.
Thank you for helping honor our nations service members.
Parking InstructionsParking will be at Frontier Conference Center, 350 Biddle Blvd. directly East of the Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery. Please walk across street and meet near the flagpole. Cemetery is closed to internal parking due to pedestrian traffic with exception to handicap tagged vehicles. Our cemeteries were not made to have a large amount of vehicles on them at once. Therefore, many have extremely limited parking and narrow lanes.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery is located on the active military installation of the Fort Leavenworth Army Post.
- Gates will open at 8:30am. All volunteers; ages 16 and above, must have a Military, State, or School ID.
- The ceremony will be at the flagpole with wreath placement to follow.
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome, no need to preregister.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath and that children are accompanied to learn the proper way to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.