REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Lower Rio Grande Valley's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday 15 December at 11 am, Wreaths Across America will be at the Veterans' Memorial At Pendleton Park 1425 Morgan Blvd. Harlingen and the San Benito Ceremony will be at the SB War Monument on Sam Houston Street to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths ceremony.
Unique to our area, we will the disperse to your respective cemetery for the Wreath-Laying ceremony to place wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our locations lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting the LRGV WAA and Wreaths Across America! The participating cemeteries are Harlingen at F Street and Ashland Memorial Park.
In San Benito - the City Cemetery and Mont Meta Memorial Park
In La Feria - Heavenly Grace and Restlawn Memorial Parks
In Weslaco - Highland MP (Circle of Honor) and the City Cemetery
Wreaths Across America's "Trucking Tributes" Presents Brown Dog Carriers and Logistics
“We’re all honored to do it, and it takes the entire team to be sure our involvement is successful,” Graig explains. “Everyone plays a part.”...
1129 South Morgan Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking InstructionsThere is plenty of parking at this cemetery, so feel free to park in any available spot.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreaths Across America ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park 1425 Morgan Blvd. Harlingen. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time. (Saturday 15 December 2019 11 am Harlingen)
- (Call San Benito Veterans Advisory Board for their specifics)
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up. (Saturday 19 January 2019)
- Meet your Veteran Contact for the participating cemetery of your choice following the Opening ceremony for a briefing.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.