REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Sarasota National Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 14, 2019 at 10AM, Wreaths Across America will be at Sarasota National Cemetery to Remember our country's fallen heroes at their final resting place. Our Memorial Service begins at 10am. At approximately 10:45, Family Members will be the first to lay their loved one's wreath, with all volunteers present honoring those families their moment of privacy. At 11:00am, the Volunteers will then place the remaining wreaths and when doing so, say the name of each and every veteran aloud and Thank them for their service and sacrifice.
EVERYONE PLAYS A PART. The first step is to SPONSOR a Wreath! Please help our location lay wreaths at 15,200 Veteran's graves by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Then, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below,. Cick the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting our Mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.
August 2019 Fundraising and Location Templates
As we enter the early fall season, many of you have already begun ramping up fundraising efforts; making bigger asks for sponsorships, hosting more events, etc. We wanted to make that huge task a little easier with a few template letters for your guidance....
by Marcia Groom for Leroy O. Groom, Jr., Honored by Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL
by Donna Soper
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium. Patriot Plaza seats 2,800 People.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
December 14, 2019 Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM. Absolutely no Wreaths to be laid prior to the ceremony.
- 10:45 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present laying their loved one's Wreath.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 11, 2019 at 7am. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.