Welcome to Sarasota National Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 14, 2019, Sarasota National Cemetery will participate in National Wreaths Across America Day. This Mission will be held Rain or Shine.
Our Remembrance Ceremony begins at 10:00am.
At approximately 10:40am, anyone attending our Ceremony who has a Family Member interred at Sarasota National Cemetery will be dismisse to lay their loved one's wreath. with all volunteers present honoring those families their moment of privacy.
At 11:00am, the Volunteers will then place the remaining wreaths and when doing so, say the name of each and every veteran aloud and Thank them for their service and sacrifice.
Everyone Plays a Part! Please help Sarasota National Cemetery Volunteers lay wreaths at 15,000 Veteran's graves by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. If you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below,. Cick the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting our Mission to Remember, Honor and Teach.
by Gail G.
by Gail G.
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza. Car Pooling is encouraged!
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium. Enter the 2nd Entrance to the Cemetery and follow signs and Parking Attendants instructions. Patriot Plaza seats 2,800 People.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
December 14, 2019 Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM. Absolutely no Wreaths to be laid prior to the ceremony.
- 10:45 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present laying their loved one's Wreath.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 11, 2019 at 7am. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.