REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Sarasota National Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 15, 2018 at 10AM, Wreaths Across America will be at Sarasota National Cemetery to Remember our country's fallen heroes at their final resting place. Our Memorial Service begins at 10am. At approximately 10:45, Family Members will be the first to place their loved one's wreath, with all volunteers present honoring those families their moment of privacy. At 11:00am, the Volunteers will then place the remaining wreaths and when doing so, say the name of each and every veteran aloud and Thank them for their service to our country.
The first step to Volunteering is to SPONSOR a Wreath! Please help our location lay wreaths at 13,500 Veteran's graves by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Then, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below,. Cick the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Sarasota National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Sarasota National Cemetery. The first and most important step to volunteering is to SPONSOR a wreath. Then, please do not forget to register to volunteer for Wreath Placement!
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM.
- Wreath Placement will begin after our Ceremony, with Families placing their loved one's Wreath at approximately 10:45am. After 15 minutes of privacy, all Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.