REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Wreaths Across America will be at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Indiantown Gap National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
by Sherri M.
RR 2 Box 484
Indiantown Gap Road
Annville, PA 17003
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the three public parking areas we will use to move the public to the ceremony and wreath placement on the cemetery. Please navigate to either the Red, White or Blue parking areas following directions to parking from the digital sign boards on I-81 and I-78. For vehicle navigation systems, the Red lots are vicinity of 6 Boundary Road, Grantville, PA 17028; White lots are vicinity of Fort Indiantown Gap Community Club, Clement Avenue Annville, PA 17003; and Blue lots are vicinity of 100 MSC Drive, Jonestown, PA 17038. Once GPS gets you close to the lots, follow signs, police and parking attendant directions, park and load onto buses at pre-marked bus stops adjacent to parking areas. Remember the color of the parking lot that you parked your car in. When you park your car in a designated event parking lot, buses will transport you to and from the cemetery starting at 10:00 and running continuously throughout the day. The ceremony begins promptly at noon and if crowds are large, plan to arrive at parking between 10:00 a.m and 11:00 a.m if you want to attend the ceremony. If you only want to participate in placing the wreaths on graves, then plan to arrive at the parking areas between noon and 12:30 p.m. - please be safe and anticipate some traffic, so be patient.
Parking InstructionsThere is no parking for the general public at this cemetery, so you must follow signs for event parking and park on Fort Indiantown Gap - bypass the cemetery entrance and follow police direction into numerous parking lots and load buses to get to the cemetery.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Ceremony begins at Noon. Please arrive between 10 and 11 am to catch the shuttle buses to the Cemetery. Police Officers and Signage will direct you to Satellite parking lots.
- No Set Asides will be available on the day of the Ceremony - but only Wed 12/12, Thur 12/13, and Fri 12/14 from 10 am - 5 pm at the Cemetery Admin Building. Concerns, please email email@example.com.
- If you would prefer to skip the ceremony, and just help place wreaths on graves, then please plan to arrive at noon, park off site and take buses to the cemetery.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Section Wreath Coordinators instructions on placing one wreath at a time and where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up (a total clean sweep of IGNC) on January the 26th, 2019 starting at 9 am.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.