REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Wreaths Across America San Diego - Miramar (CA0154)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 16, 2023 at 09:00 am, Wreaths Across America San Diego - Miramar (CA0154) will be helping Miramar National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Wreaths Across America San Diego - Miramar (CA0154) and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents Mike Pressley with Sharp Transportation
Sharp’s recruiting department looks to hire veterans not only for our driving force but mechanics and office staff as well. Their attention to detail, dedication and loyalty to the business, and hard work are second to none.”...
Wreaths Across America Appoints Transportation Professionals Jenny Lovering and Graig Morin as New Members to its Board of Directors
Learn more about transportation industry veterans Jenny Lovering and Graig Morin....
In Honor Of
by Rachelle Nyenhuis for CH (COL) Thurman Stephen Doman Jr., Army, COL, Honored by Miramar National Cemetery
CH (COL) Thurman Stephen Doman Jr., COL, Army
In Honor Of
by Shirley B. for Robert Burns Jr, Army, US ARMY, SP4, Honored by Miramar National Cemetery
Robert Burns Jr, US ARMY, SP4, Army
5795 Nobel Dr
San Diego, CA 92122, United States
Click here for the Miramar National Cemetery Page
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the direction of the staff for parking and cemetery section selection.
We encourage you to use our off-site parking lot 2 miles east of the cemetery, at 6435 Miramar Road near Carroll Canyon Road. Shuttles depart & return every 10 minutes.
We are currently in the process of establishing off-site parking. Due to the on-going construction with limited on site parking, and the desire to get back to public ceremonies, we will only allow vehicles with permanent handicap placards to park on the cemetery property.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Miramar National Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- During the ceremony, listen to etiquette instructions and hoe to properly place a wreath.
- Follow the instructions of the section leaders among the graves.
- If you observe a child exhibiting actions not appropriate for hallowed grounds (running, yelling, throwing things) PLEASE teach them the proper behavior. Even if they aren't yours. I really does take a village.
- To properly place a wreath, respectfully approach the headstone, say the name out loud, gently and with respect lay the wreath against the stone with the bow in the 12:00 position. Fluff the bow and make sure all is in order before moving to your next area.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.