REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Sarasota Military Academy (FL0045P)'s Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 10:00 AM, Sarasota Military Academy (FL0045P) will be helping Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL to Remember and Honor our veterans by laying Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes.
Please help us honor and remember as many fallen heroes as possible by sponsoring remembrance wreaths, volunteering on Wreaths Day, or inviting your family and friends to attend with you.
Thank you so much for supporting the Sarasota Military Academy (FL0045P) and Wreaths Across America!
Protecting the Health and Welfare of Our Nation
The health service has grown from the initial corps of just physicians to encompass eleven different health categories including, therapists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists, to name a few. They are veterans under federal law entitled to all of the benefits, including being buried in a veteran’s cemetery....
Tyson Foods, Inc. Receives 2019 James Prout/Spirit of Giving Award
The award is given annually to a deserving professional truck driver, company or organization that has supported charitable causes in a way that will affect generations to come....
by Amie Tolar
9810 State Rd 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
Click here for the Sarasota National Cemetery, Sarasota FL Page
Directions to Cemetery
I 75 to Exit #205 (Clark Road/State Rd 72). East on SR 72 4.7 miles to 2nd Entrance on right. Follow Parking Attendants Instructions for parking! Please arrive Early to assure adequate time for parking and seating at Patriot Plaza.
Parking InstructionsCar pooling is recommended as parking is at a premium. Patriot Plaza seats 2,800 People.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
December 14, 2019 Ceremony and Laying of the Wreaths Details
- 10:00 AM REMEMBER - Everyone is welcome to attend our Remembrance Ceremony at 10AM. Absolutely no Wreaths to be laid prior to the ceremony.
- 10:45 AM HONOR - FAMILY FIRST - Laying of the Wreaths will begin after our Ceremony, with Families Members present laying their loved one's Wreath.
- 11:00 AM TEACH - Volunteers and Groups will be released to lay remaining Wreaths
- All Volunteers may place a maximum of two wreaths on the remaining gravesites.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the Location Coordinator's instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help Remove the Wreaths on January 11, 2019 at 7am. Please check in with the Location Coordinator if you are interested in helping with the removal.