REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Santa Fe National Cemetery's Wreaths Across America Page.
On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM, Wreaths Across America will be at Santa Fe National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Santa Fe National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America Announces 2020 Theme
The inspiration for this year’s theme came from a keynote address made by Staff Sgt. Daniel Strong during the 2018 escort to Arlington welcome stop at Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School (Monty Tech) located in Fitchburg, Mass....
by Steve Maggart
by Steve Maggart
501 N Guadalupe St
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the Santa Fe National Cemetery at 501 N. Guadalupe Street, Santa Fe 87501. When you arrive, Civil Air Patrol Cadets will direct you to the areas for parking and to the site of the ceremony itself.
Parking will be along the roadways. PLEASE park on ONE SIDE ONLY. Parking for handicapped persons and VIPS will be near the Rostrum.
The upper roadway along Section 8 will be closed to parking. Section 8 is where we will be placing wreaths this year.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Santa Fe National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath. Take only one or two wreaths to ensure that EVERYONE gets to lay a wreath with respect.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed. Place the wreaths FLAT on the ground. Do not lean the wreaths against gravestones.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Come back on January 21, 2020 to help us gather up the wreaths. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
- Those who have sponsored and said they will place grave specific wreaths themselves should check in at the Loading Dock area AFTER the ceremony. (This is a limited number of people).
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.