REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Fort Snelling National Cemetery 's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 17, 2022 at 11:00 am, Wreaths Across America will be at Fort Snelling National Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Fort Snelling National Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Across America's Trucking Tributes Presents Leonard's Express
As the years have gone by, other drivers have shown extreme interest in doing this. It’s been overwhelming every year to see how many people want to help with this cause....
by Lynn W. for Richard Christianson, Air Force, Honored by Fort Snelling National Cemetery
Richard Christianson, Air Force
In Honor Of
by Donald Nadreau for Donald Nadreau, Army, Honored by Fort Snelling National Cemetery
Donald Nadreau, Army
760 34th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55450, United States
Directions to CemeteryNavigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please enter through Gate 2. The ceremony will be held at the main flag pole in front of the Visitors Center. Please allow ample time to park and arrive at the site before the ceremony starts.
There is plenty of parking along the sides of the road. When parking please allow room for other vehicles to pass. Handicap parking will be down Mallon Road on the left-hand side. If you need additional assistance, please let one of the Civil Air Patrol members know and they will assist you.
If you would like to have someone special you would like to have honored with a wreath you can do so by going to:
- The National Gravesite Locator at https://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/ to find the information required to make the request.
- After finding the grave specific information, please go to the Wreaths Across America page at https://donate.wreathsacrossamerica.org/?pageId=34024&relatedId=16213&productId=116 and scroll down to find the “Grave Specific” button. To ensure the program works correctly, complete all the information (even the optional items) or we may not be able to place the wreath.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Fort Snelling National Cemetery. Please do not forget to register!
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- This is a solemn occasion to honor those who have served our country. Please conduct yourself in a manner fitting the occasion. No horseplay.
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- We will place wreaths no matter what the weather is. Please dress for any inclement weather that may occur.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- No sitting on stones
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- No wreaths will be placed before the ceremony. If you wish to place wreaths, please attend the ceremony and we will place them immediately after it.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.